My own 'haunted' dolls


Hello! In this post I will be discussing the allegedly haunted dolls I own along with theories I have on haunted items and my own experiences with the dolls. I currently own five of these dolls, three of which are pictured above. Four of the dolls I bought myself and one was given to me by my gran because she knew I had some allegedly haunted dolls and thought I would want another one. As far as I'm concerned, the more haunted objects the merrier. It makes for good investigation and experimentation. 

I haven't done any research into haunted dolls as a topic at the time of making this post. I tend to go into things with limited knowledge as I don't want to be swayed when it comes to my investigations, or creating theories. When it comes to the paranormal I don't like to treat any common knowledge as fact due to the lack of concrete evidence, and so I like to do investigations, change variables, notice patterns, and treat these recurring patterns as the facts from which I create my own theories. I then do research and see what lines up with what I have theorised along with the patterns I have noticed. 

I knew haunted items were a thing due to the famous Warren museum and I thought it would be interesting to own something someone claims to be haunted to see if the results of my investigations changed in any way. The location I most frequently investigate is not at all actively haunted, but it does have a really dodgy looking gravel patch in the cellar where it looks like someone has dug a hole in the middle of the floor and filled it with gravel. I thought that if there was anything to the dolls then I should notice a spike in activity around the building, especially if I bought more than one doll.

It is very important to note that the first four dolls I will be discussing are all from the same seller on Ebay. I will discuss the seller in more detail once I've discussed the dolls. I do not know who the seller is for the fifth doll and so I unfortunately can not discuss them. All of the spirits attached to the dolls have names which the seller has said they know because a medium has worked with the dolls and gotten information about the spirits through this.



The spirit attached to this doll is called Richard Blackwell. They died at the age of eight when they were hit with a rogue wave while fishing and drowned. Their brother is called Ronnie, and Richards body was found three weeks later. All of this happened in 1864, and Richard feels really sad for his family suffering. He has his dog shepherd with him and his family occasionally visit. He is most active around 2am.

Alleged activity:

1. Shows in shadow form
2. Bounces a ball (audio)
3. Dog barks (audio)
4. Touches arm
5. Sense he's watching
6. Opens and closes doors, moves objects
7. Moved a chair across a room
8. Mischevious - rings doorbell, switches lights on and off



The spirit attached to this doll is called Martha Ray. She died at the age of six due to a heart and lung defect she was born with. She was very sick and had to be in a wheelchair which was made by her father. She liked watching kids play but was sad because she also wanted to play. As a spirit she can now run and dance and is very happy. She wears shiny red shoes and a pretty dress. She likes anything musical and likes to be close. She also has a dolly which her mother placed in her coffin. 

Alleged activity:

1. Shows in spirit form as a tiny girl with white blonde hair - looks like an angel - wears a white dress and is surrounded by a white aura
2. Brings love and happiness
3. Hand is touched
4. Sits on the bottom of the bed
5. Runs and laughs (audio)
6. Opens and closes doors
7. Switches on the TV


The spirit attached to this doll is called Violet Taylor. She died at the age of twelve due to a heart defect she was born with. She had down syndrome and was taken from her parents at birth. She spent her life in an institution and was told her family had no choice due to being in able to cope with her condition. She was left alone lots and as a result was very lonely. She also wasn't treated well and was sometimes strapped to her bed. For her, death was a relief. Since being a spirit, she has met her grandmother who still visits along with all of her family. She is happy now, has a dolly, and wears a pretty dress. 

Alleged activity:

1. Shadow figure of a young girl
2. Child singing
3. Chatting and footsteps up the stairs
4. Likes bouncing a ball
5. Opens doors
6. Taps
7. Likes books - takes them from the bookcase
8. Hand is touched
9. Positive and brings love and happiness


The spirit attached to this doll is called Larry Randell. He died at the age of eight from diphtheria. He lived in a poor family. His dad spent all the money at the pub and would come home drunk which would cause many arguments. Larrt's stomach always hurt. He had three older sisters, and a baby brother who cried in hunger.  Larry would steal to get food and due to being a fast runner would never be caught.

Alleged activity:

1. Shows in spirit form as a skinny small boy with dark blonde hair who is unkempt and wears a tatty shirt and shorts
2. Mischeivous - bangs on doors and rings the doorbell
3. Opens kitchen cupboards 
4. Takes cutlery out of drawers
5. Moves toy cars from one room to another


The doll pictured above is the one which my gran bought for me. She told me the dolls name was Evelyn and that she has good vibes and an aura of peace. The owner of the doll was given it as a gift from her father as it looks like she did. She then died in her early thirties. Apparently she works well with cat balls and the spirit talker app. She was quite religious and doesn't like swearing. 

There is no alleged activity for this doll and without knowing who the seller is I can't find out any more information about why they think the doll is haunted or how they know the story behind it. 


Above you can see the Ebay page for a seller called 'haunteddolls66' which is who I bought the four dolls I listed first from. They were all a little bit more expensive than the one you can see currently listed. After I bought the dolls I did contact this seller to see if I could find out more about their own experience with the dolls and after a couple of prompts reminding them to reply they said:

'Hi sorry about the late reply. We get quite a few messages to work through. I have been working with haunted vessels for around 12 years now. I not only work with dolls but other objects also. I have bought from other collectors of haunted items and have regulars who we trust to buy from. My mother is a psychic medium. She as had the gift from a child. I also have seen spirits from a young age. It’s just been normal to me.

What we always suggest to buyers is to a light a white candle when your doll arrives. Also place some crystals around her. This helps to welcome her into your home. Light the candle daily and talk to her. Tell her about yourself and your paranormal work your doing. Some spirits can come to you in your dreams if you ask them to. Avoid the negative spirit vessels as it’s better to have more experience in the field with them. We are hoping to have a website next year and this will have a lot more details on there. Can I ask how you are going to communicate with the spirit? All the best Haunted Dolls'


I did reply to their message but haven't received a response. Two things prompted me to buy from this seller. One was the amount of positive feedback they've received, even though most comments don't mention the dolls being haunted. The other was seeing the pictures for Richard's doll and Martha's doll. There was just something about them which made me curious to see if there was something to them. I am extremely skeptical of this buyer and will be looking out for their website this year to see if there was truth in that. 

I received the dolls on the 6th of December and I've done a couple of ouija board sessions with them in the room. I am unsure if I've done any proper sessions with Evelyn yet as I received her by the 6th of January and I had fractured the middle finger of my left hand a couple of days before that which meant I could do very little with that hand and I am left handed. Due to the lack of investigations, I am not going to judge Evelyn in this post.


My thoughts:

As I mentioned earlier, I am extremely skeptical of the seller of my first four haunted dolls, and that is because nothing has happened on the scale of what the seller described. I still have to analyse the words lists from the investigations I've done, and if there is a difference in activity then I will change my mind, but right now not enough has happened for me to believe the dolls are definitely haunted. I have been getting information in my investigations about children, specifically a boy, being present but I also received information about that boy having a connection with the cellar of the house, not a connection to the dolls. I may have seen a shadow of a boy standing by the front door, along with a child poking its head around a doorframe, but I have no connection between this and the dolls. 

The only bit of activity which I can attribute to the dolls is one experience I've had where I've fallen asleep downstairs where the dolls are and I briefly woke up, but didn't open my eyes, because I could hear a young girl singing from a bit to the right of the direction of the dolls. The singing was only brief and sounded like four notes being sung in an order and then that order was repeated three of four times before it stopped. It was so clear that, to make sure I wasn't dreaming it, I sung the same tune to myself to see if I was awake enough to do that consciously and I was which meant I definitely heard a little girl singing.

The was a brief stint of the cellar door opening by itself, but that was more than likely me forgetting to close it. I really need to catch up with my words lists so that I can see if anything significant has shown up on those. I have currently done somewhere between 100 and 150 with the ones in this location starting at about list 80. I'm sure I will catch up eventually, but it will be a while off yet. 

I do think haunted items are a thing, I think it is possible for a spirit to have an attachment to an item. I do not think it is possible for a spirit to possess an item, but I do think a spirit can flood an item with energy to make it look like it has a heat signature or some sort of energy output and I think investigators then misinterpret that as the item being possessed when really it is just an attachment. I will do a proper theory post detailing why I think this.

I really hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have any comments whether that be about the blog, experiences of your own, or even places you would like for me to investigate, then you can comment and follow on here, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Reddit, and you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com for a quick response to any questions. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall