OVERNIGHT's Haunted Homies E2: Noah Howard's Ouija experiences


Noah Howards's first ouija board experience:

'The story isn't mine, but it's my mother's, and to this day she will not use ouija boards, and I have my own story, but hers are much better haha. One night while playing with the ouija board in 1994 on a cold snowy December night in Chicago, my mother and aunt came in contact with something, or someone, named Frank who said he wants Margaret, and then starts going back and forth with numbers repeatedly telling them words after each other, each sequence such as 'call' or 'answer her'. My mum was very hesitant, but ended up calling the number to which a woman answered the phone from a bar in Boston. When the lady answered, my mum said 'okay, I know this is crazy, but I'm playing with a spirit board and this person communicating with me is very intensely asking me to call this number over and over. His name is Frank, and wants me to speak with a woman named Margaret'. The lady says in a mean tone over the phone 'don't ever call back here again. I don't know what sick joke you're trying to play, but my mother has been through enough' to which she hung up. The board gets more crazy and makes my mums hands go back and forth very fast, spelling out 'call back' over and over again. My mum's dog suddenly starts barking at an empty chair three feet away from her and won't stop. Out of nowhere, my mum's phone rings and it's the bar calling her back. This time it was the girl's mother with an erupting sound of cats hissing and fighting in the background. The lady said 'if he is really there with you, tell him I love him so so so much, but tell him to stop scaring the cats and me. I love you Frank'. My mum was panicking and said 'she loves you Frank, she loves you'. Both the dog and my mum's house, and the cats, instantly stopped being loud, and the board said 'thank you' and 'goodbye'. The lady told my mum that Frank was her husband who died in a firefighting accident fifteen years ago, and she never got the chance to say 'I love you' or 'goodbye', so she was very grateful for my mum calling and that was the end. That's one of my many stories, but I think it's a good one that truly shows proof of good spirits trying to fulfill the need and saying goodbye when they never could.'


Noah Howard's second ouija board experience:

'So, one creepy one is in Arizona. My brother-in-law was married to a new woman and she was new to our family and she came down to meet up and they went to go play the ouija board, and the next thing you know, she's like 'I don't want to talk to my grandmother, I don't want to talk to my grandmother, my grandmother died'. My brother, even before coming, said 'don't mention her grandma, like I was trying to talk about it, she died recently, don't talk about it', and she was like 'I don't want to talk to her but I want to use the ouija board because I know your stories'... and so they did, and they used the ouija board and I was little, they wouldn't let me touch it so I'm sitting in the living room just sitting there and I can hear them talking and communicating with the board, and the next thing you know I see my sister-in-law, my new sister-in-law, storm off freaked out, dip out the house, and I've talked to her twice at this point so I was like 'okay, this is a little scary' and so it goes is... I don't know how ouija boards exactly work, but from what I can see is when she left, uh, I asked my mum, I said 'what happened?' Well, when they went to go use the ouija board again, uh, basically she said 'let me ask a question with my mind', and like 'because maybe it's just me doing this, like, I don't know, I don't know what to do'. So, she, that happened. Next thing you know, uh, she asked a question in her mind of a nickname she was called, which was some Hispanic name, I don't know the exact nickname her grandma called her, but, Kendra got off of the ouija board, looked at the ouija board and said 'okay, I have my question'. My mum and my brother were using it, said it, said the answer, said that, her nickname that only her grandma would know. There was not even verbal, like, conversation about it.'


Noah's first experience Q&A:

Elton:

'So, you're, how old were you when you heard about this story?'

Noah:

'Uh, probably... seven I think is when, like, she would tell me the stuff so it didn't freak me out, but, yeah, seven.'

Elton:

'So that's about when it happened?'

Noah:

'Yeah'

Elton:

'And how did, did your mum continue using the board after this, or was this the end?'

Noah:

'Uh, yeah, she did, and you know, all the friends in the family would be like 'can we use it? Like, do it with us because we know your stories' and she'd be like 'listen, it's gonna open up a gate. If you want to do this we'll do this but... be ready'. Yeah, uh, yeah, so that happened. It was freaky, uh, my mum to this day, I wish she could be here to explain it herself because it'd be a lot better, she's working right now, but yeah.'

Corey:

'Has there been any more communication between your mum and these people since then?'

Noah:

'No, that was the last, I mean, not that I'm aware of, but, that's the last that they ever talk to each other. I have my own man, I have tons. We're, me and my mum, are known as the people who talk to spirits, like, we're like the, yeah, it's a little intense.'

Elton:

'And you do it together as a mother-son duo?'

Noah:

'She won't use a ouija board with me, I'm the one person she won't do it with.'

Elton:

'She'll do it by herself and you'll do it by yourself, but not together?'

Noah:

'She won't do it by herself, that's a big no no for her.'

Elton:

'Oh, right, sorry, I meant she'll do it with other people without you, correct?'

Noah:

'Yeah, she'll do it with like family if they beg and beg, like, 'we know your stories, please, please'.'


Noah's second experience Q&A:

Elton:

'Is this something, like, you're actively practicing? Like are you...?'

Noah:

'Oh yeah, man, I gotta, mainly because of you guys, I got a spirit box, I got like all the equipment trying to get into it. I live in the lake of the Ozarks, so, like, we drove two hours up here.' 


Summary of activity:

1. Planchette moving (while held)
2. Ouija board spelling words/short sentences
3. Ouija board spelling accurate names
4. Ouija board giving an accurate phone number
5. Animal sensitivity (dog and cats)
6. Hint towards spirit location (chair)
7. Psychic communication 


My thoughts:

First I want to start by saying that Noah has six experiences in total, so I will discuss two at a time per blog post over the next couple of posts. Luckily the first two were about ouija boards, the second two were about spirit boxes, and then the final two were about general hauntings so it worked out quite well for seperate blog posts, and that way the stories are all highlighted in the post title. 

Now, for discussing these experiences. I like how they both show very different experiences while using a ouija board, and so this will hopefully be an interesting comparison. Both sessions include the planchette moving, along with words being accurately spelled out, but that's common with these kinds of experiences. Personally, I have yet to experience this and I have done a fair few solo ouija board sessions so I am skeptical when it comes to the boards. I've found that if ever the planchette did move, it was because of how I was resting my arm and so my hand started to drift the planchette without me consciously realising until I looked to debunk what I was seeing. This does not, however, say that Noah's experiences, or any other experiences involving a ouija board are false. It's one of those where there are so many stories out there regarding a ouija session, I find it hard to believe there isn't at least something small to them. Just because I haven't experienced it doesn't mean no one else has. Speaking of myself doing solo ouija sessions, Noah mentions that this is a big no no, which is correct, but is a reason why I'm skeptical as nothing of note has happened to me, or around me, yet.

Animal sensitivity is mentioned in this experience, which occurs with both his mum's dog and what I assume are Frank's wife's cats. It is believed that because animals such as dogs and cats can see and hear more of the environment around them than humans can, they can see and hear the spirits far easier than us. The dog barking at the chair indicated this, and suggests that the spirit was sitting in the chair. I take issue with this detail unless the planchette had stopped during this time. If Frank was communicating through the board, you would expect the dog to bark towards the board as that should be where Frank is. If Frank was in the chair while the planchette moved, this could be because either another spirit was moving it on behalf of Frank, or because of something similar to telekinesis (moving objects with your mind). 

Another detail I take issue with is the inconsistency regarding Noah's mum not using ouija boards. To start the story, it is mentioned as though that was the experience to put her off them and she never used one again. Then it is said about how she uses one with her family, but not Noah, if they ask enough. I would be curious for clarification on this, and I'm sure he probably just misspoke, as it would be interesting to know if there was an experience to put her off, and it is clear from how Noah talks about her and the board that she takes it all very seriously. 

The most interesting detail for me, although the accurate phone number and info from the first story was good, is the second stories use of psychic communication with the spirits using the board. I absolutely believe that spirits can psychically communicate with people, and need to do a post about it, and this experience is great because it describes just that. Not only did the sister-in-law only think the question, but her hand wasn't touching the planchette which meant she couldn't subconsciously effect the results. If there was an uncut video where she wrote down what the answer was, then said she had her questions then you saw the mum and brother spell out the name on the board, I would class that as amazing evidence. Granted, you wouldn't know if any discussions or planning occured before the recording started, but trusting it was truthful, the evidence would be fantastic. 

Noah seems to be credible too. He clearly likes the OVERNIGHT channel, and has clearly seen a number of their videos as a result. He said he drove two hours to see them, which is great commitment, and this adds to me believing he is a committed paranormal investigator like what he implies he is. He has the equipment, he has many stories, I don't think he is making it up. He might exaggerate here or there, for example with him saying his mum never touched a board again, but that is a minor detail. 

As I said earlier, the next post I do about these experiences will be Noah's experiences with spirit boxes. If you want to watch the full OVERNIGHT channel Haunted Homies YouTube video, you can click the link below:


I really hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have any comments whether that be about the blog, experiences of your own, or even places you would like for me to investigate, then you can comment and follow on here, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Reddit, and you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com for a quick response to any questions. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall