OVERNIGHT's Haunted Homies E2: Noah Howard's Spirit Box Sessions


Noah Howard's first discussed experience:

'Recently with the spirit box, um, we were at a friend's house, it's about, what, five days ago? And there, I was like 'yeah, me and my mum are known as the people who can talk to ghosts', and she was like 'okay, well, I have a, I have a new spiritbox. Can you break it in for me?' I was like 'oh, sure', plug the headphones in, I go by their windowsill, I'm just sitting there listening. I say random words here and there, and then all of a sudden I say 'Metcalf'. I was like 'that's what I heard', it was clear: 'Metcalf'. You know how in the spiritbox it's like, different voices, like, you can tell it's like a male, woman, and this is a strong male 'Metcalf'... and then it was *imitates white noise* 'coyote', and I was like 'okay', and then they all freaked out, came over to me, and said 'how do you know this?' This is my second time at their house. There are two roads side by side to each other behind that house, 'Metcalf' and 'Coyote', off the intersection and I've never seen those roads in my life. And, they were like 'so do we go over there? Do we go over there?' And there was a, there's a cemetery on Metcalf. We went over there with the ghostbox and... a tons of things, had a little kid saying 'I know I was hit by a car', like, I could hear, like, 'car', 'hit', 'dead', scared to come over across the street from these woods across, and, uh, my girlfriend was there and next thing you know, she's sitting there and it says 'move', and like 'scoot'. So, they were like 'okay, I guess we scoot over' and they scoot over. She'll say to this day that a cold presence sat right on her knee as it was a little kid, and then as soon as it happened and she was like 'wow, like, it's cold over here', it goes 'get up' and we were like 'what? Get up? Like what do we...?' We believe, and it, I can't remember exactly what it was saying, but we believe that it was basically saying, like, like it was a father and a kid. It was like 'get up, you're bothering them, go back to the graveyard'. So, yeah, it was freaky.'


Noah Howard's second discussed experience:

'I was in Colorado with my best friend, and also my girlfriend, and her sister, and there was a grave behind me, we were in a graveyard, not supposed to be (...) uh, we were in this graveyard and the next thing you know it says 'Mike', and then it said, it was a little call, like a little pause for a while, and it said 'Colorado', and it was like a really wierd voice, like it was, like, singing it into my ear. It was like *sings* 'Colorado'. I was like 'okay, yeah that's where I am' and then it goes 'in your arms', and I was like 'okay', and then a spirit like, a, a woman's spirit says 'angel', and I was like 'okay, well that's what it's saying'. My friend goes to my girlfriend and goes, whispers in his ear, I can't hear, I have the headphones on, you know how loud that gets, and I, I, she apparently he goes to whisper to her and says 'I think he's bullshitting', and as he says it, I go 'shut up' because I hear 'shut up'. It said 'stop', he went back to the car freaked out, I turned around, we went the next day in the daylight to see if anything happened, nothing really was, but right where I was standing behind where I wasn't looking, it was dark, was Mike's grave with heaven, it was 'angels in heaven holding you in their arms' or something on the tombstone.'


Noah Howard first experience Q&A:

Corey:

'And that was this week, five days ago?'

Noah:

'Yeah, about five days ago, yeah.'

Elton:

'When, when you're, when you're going out ghost hunting, like, we, we know why we ghost hunt, but what's... what's your reasoning, what are you, what are you hoping for? Are you just, are you doing it for the thrill? Are you doing it for evidence? Are you doing it to get more internal piece so you kind of know what life like, what, what are you envisioning and hoping for when you're going out and doing paranormal investigations?'

Noah:

'You know, I don't, I don't film it like you guys do. I just kind of do it to do it, and when I go and do it I like to make the stories, and to, you know, tell them to people because I have tons of people saying 'oh, you're, you're lying', can I swear in this?' 

Elton:

'Yeah, you can swear.'

Noah: 

' 'you're bullshit, like, you're, this is not true'.'

Elton:

'I thought you were gonna give me a way worse swear word.'

Noah:

'Yeah, I don't know.'

Corey:

'Yeah, like 'heck'.'

Noah:

'But, but, they'll tell me like 'you're a liar' and I'm like 'okay, let's go prove it, I wanna be the one to prove it to you, this is what's going on back here, and I do, I take them back there, I confidently as hell put on those headphones when nobody else will and I'll say the words that it's saying.'


Noah Howard's second experience Q&A:

Corey:

'Wow'

Noah:

'And I love this because it's like, man, I get to be the one they want to talk to and, you know, fulfill this.'

Corey:

'Exactly, I can relate to that because when I was in high school and I was for some reason into the, you know, the ouija board a lot which you're not scared of the ouija board?'

Noah:

'Oh no, man, I'll touch those things all day.'

(...)

Corey:

'But literally, my party trick would be, when I was like fifteen, sixteen, I would tell my friends like 'come on over to my house, we're gonna play the ouija board, I'm gonna set my phone in the hall, and I'm gonna, you know, record audio, and when we pull my phone back in we'll hear whispers, you know I swear my lights will flicker, we'll hear knocks on my, you know, on my closet' and it happens, it happens.'


Summary of activity:

1. Spiritbox provides relevant words to the area
2. Spiritbox provides linked words to form bits of a sentence
3. Cold spot
4. Spiritbox provides relevant name
5. Spiritbox provides a direct response to people


My thoughts:

I think Noah is definitely a credible source for these experiences. It is a shame he doesn't film anything as that would be great to back up his stories, but the fact he doesn't do it for views or profit also works in his favour as it gives him no incentive to make this stuff up. His stories are also quite tame. Usually if someone makes up something regarding the paranormal, they go on about possession, or about things flying across the room; extreme stuff from films. He isn't doing that here, he is discussing what seems like very real investigations where he has experienced some great activity. 

The experiences he talks about seem consistent in detail, and he seems genuinely fascinated about the topic when he talks. He even says people often say he is lying about this stuff, which only makes me believe him more. The only bit I think is a bit iffy is the story about the child in the graveyard. From his story, he had no indication to go to the graveyard, and the cold spot could have just been due to the time of day. It would have been interesting if he said they'd looked up the area and found out a child had been killed by a car in that area. This would have confirmed what they had interpreted during the investigation and so their spiritbox session would have made for some great evidence. 

I think the story about Mike's grave is great. Providing he genuinely had no glimpse of what it said on that tombstone, it's great that he got so many relevant words together, and from the sounds of it the spirit was very aware of the communication which was occurring. 

The next blog post about people's experiences will be the final two experiences Noah discusses while he is interviewed. If you want to watch the second episode of OVERNIGHT'S Haunted Homies, then you can click on the link below:



I really hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have any comments whether that be about the blog, experiences of your own, or even places you would like for me to investigate, then you can comment and follow on here, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Reddit, and you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com for a quick response to any questions. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall