A True Paranormal Investigation Announcement: The Warren's 28 Day Cycle

The other day I was chatting to some people in work about my interest in the paranormal and it got me thinking. We were discussing the alledgedly haunted dolls I own, and if I've experienced anything with them, and that then led to me discussing my solo ouija board sessions, one of which is pictured above. I've also been keeping up with the OVERNIGHT channel on YouTube and that really got me thinking. I've done a number of investigations but very little has occured. You then have the flip side to what I've found, such as public opinion and youtube channels which say lots should occur, especially if you poke the theoretical bear with the flattened out stick. 

The particular videos from the OVERNIGHT channel I'm referencing are, of course, their investigations of Ed and Lorraine Warren's museum. I will cover these videos at some point as I do view them as significant to the paranormal space, regardless of if you believe the Warrens or channel are legitimate. For now though, I will just say from what I've seen there is some inconsistency as far as the severity of the museum goes. At least that's how I've interpreted it just as a viewer, not as a reviewer. The lack of severity started to make me doubt the Warrens, but then made me grow even more curious as to the overall validity to the paranormal. I then recalled a Netflix series which aired last year called '28 Days Haunted' which focused on some teams trying to prove Ed and Lorraine Warren's theory that it took 28 days of investigating a haunted location to break down the barrier between worlds and allow for fluid communication with spirits. This, in turn, gave me what could be a really bad idea. 

I already have my own theories on the paranormal, and I agree with the Warrens to an extent, but the real question is 'what would happen if you investigated the same location each day and broke some rules in the process?' Now I'm sure you can see why this is potentially a really bad idea. So, grand announcement time, for each day of October, and the early days of November, I will be conducting at least one investigation a day. I will also be streaming the investigation to Facebook, and possibly Twitch if I can figure something out for that and get a microphone. This gives a potential of three camera angles as I will also have a camcorder recording too. Each investigation will last for at least an hour, and I will be using the ouija board by myself in the dark with only candles lit. Where possible, I will try to do the investigations from 3am. I will break rules by using the ouija board by myself and by leaving the planchette on the board without me touching it. I also won't do anything regarding protection. 

Now, a couple of things could happen through the experiment. Either nothing could happen, something could happen, or something huge could happen. I think something will happen. I've had stuff happen before, but I don't think it will be big. I will also say there are going to be a couple of 'issues' with my experiment. I will not be able to stay in the house 24/7 like what happens in '28 Days Haunted' due to me having a job. Also, I have birthday plans for the 20th, 21st, 22nd, and 23rd of October, so those days may be iffy regarding a live stream, however I am in the house for all days aside the night of the 21st. For that night I may stream from a very special location. 

Now, if there is anything to the Warren's theory, I should still see an increase in activity across the first 20 days, especially if ouija boards are as dangerous as they claimed. The fact I'm going into early November (roughly the 5th) with the investigations should also account for the missing days, and its said the barrier breaks down in October anyway so in theory it would take less days during this time. Halloween night should be very interesting. I will do a brief preliminary investigation in a couple of days time to show you all the intended setup for the investigations, to show you the equipment I'll use, and to show you around the house. I do live in the house, and have been for a year or two now, so I know it pretty well. What also makes it a great place to use for this experiment is the fact it doesn't seem to be haunted. I have a theory that everywhere, or at least everywhere in the UK, will be haunted by at least one spirit due to the amount of human history which has occured here. Even if something hasn't happened in the house, someone could have died on the land or been buried there. So, applying that logic to this house, there should be at least one spirit here, which I believe there is due to my previous investigations. 

An important thing to note is that it has been a while since I've investigated this house. I think the last time may have been around February this year. I haven't experienced any evidence of hauntings since, which is interesting in itself from a psychological perspective. This should mean anything here I gather evidence of will either have been here anyway but too weak to communicate, or it is something I'll have summoned. Either way, I'm viewing this location as a good control environment for this kind of experiment. I will probably stream from midnight if I'm working the following day, or have been at work on that day, but otherwise I will stream from 3am. I will also add to my journal at the end of each investigation while still streaming so that I can compare my memory of events to what has actually been captured on the camera. 

My last point about the big October event is it will very much so be paranormal investigating on a budget. I will be using the spirit talker app, three cat balls, a touch activated light up bear, a k2 meter, a ouija board, and maybe a rem pod. The rem pod will depend on if I feel like something not paranormal is triggering it. I may also do some evps, but they will be done on a really old phone with dodgy audio quality, so I'll need to test that first. 

I will still be trying to post normal blog posts through October, but I don't know how drained I will be with the experiment, so we will see. I will be posting screenshots of my previous word list investigations to the Facebook page as a backup in case I run out of storage on my tablet, or in case the tablet breaks. So, if you want to check out previous word lists to see what kind of things have been said previously, feel free to check out the Facebook page for The True Paranormal. 

Thank you for reading until the end of this post! I know it hasn't been the usual kind of post, but it's exciting and somewhat unnerving to have such a plan for October. Don't worry if you miss the lives, as I said earlier, I will upload them to YouTube and I'm sure they'll forever live on Facebook too. Also, I'm aware of the risks here, but I stand by my theories and am willing to test not only my own but other people's too. If you have any comments whether that be about the blog, experiences of your own, or even places you would like for me to investigate, then you can comment and follow on here, Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr, and you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com for a quick response to any questions.

Comments

  1. How did the experiment go?! I look forward to finding out if anything did happen? Also, are you planning on doing any locations in Cornwall? Are there any castles with spooky goings on?? Keep up the good posts! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well, although I ended up only investigating 17 out of 28 days 😔 I'll definitely analyse the results and make posts about them 😄 At the moment you can see all of the word lists created on each day on the Facebook page for The True Paranormal 😄

      I'm sure I will eventually investigate locations in Cornwall, or at the very least write about them 😄 There are plenty of haunted castles which I'm sure I'll eventually post about too 😄 Thank you! 😄

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall