Haunted Homies E3: Corey's Warren Attachment

In this article, I will feature and discuss a transcript of conversation which was taken from towards the end of the third episode of 'Haunted Homies'. In this conversation, a member of the OVERNIGHT team, Corey Scherer, discusses his concerns regarding bringing a spirit to his girlfriend's apartment unintentionally. He has this conversation with two other members of the team: Elton Castee and Corbin Reinhardt. I would class Elton and Corey as the leaders of this paranormal investigation team; which is something important to keep in mind for the conversation. 


Corey's Experience/Q&A

Corey: "I'll make this quick, but long story short, especially recently, like, especially since Warren; I have no idea why but my girlfriend's apartment has low-key, I think it's gotten insanely haunted from something I brought back. Like, she texts me almost every other day freaking out saying that she's hearing more noises and doors are opening and stuff kinda by themselves. So, I'm just tellin' her, you know, excuses 'cause I, I, I do know that I probably brought something back and I feel like it is staying there for some reason, but I don't wanna freak her out. So, if you're, er, listening to this podcast babe, heeey, sorry this is how you're finding out"

Elton: "Dude, you said 'in the name of Jesus Christ' a thousand times that night and you still think?"

*inaudible*

Corey: "It was from that trip. We went to a lot of places"

Elton: "But Warren was at the very end"

Corey: "But, yeah, yeah, you're right"

Elton: "Warren was like the, like the last minute thing that we got at the end of the trip"

Corey: "From that era, stuff has always happened there, but from around that time stuff has been happening a lot and she told me recently that she had a terrifying nightmare, and she said 'I've never had a nightmare this scary ever in my life', and she said that she was at a party with me and a bunch of her friends and then all of a sudden these people, like, were trying to grab her, and get her, and they were just chasing her, and she said she didn't know why; but all of the people that were going after her had glowing yellow eyes"

Elton: "We have a common theme tonight"

Corey: "That's what I'm sayin'. She doesn't know that glowing yellow eyes mean demon, and why would that be in her dream? Like, she just kept asking 'why would they have yellow eyes? Why would their eyes be yellow?' And it's just kinda making me think that whatever I brought back to her apartment is actually haunting her, and now it's messing with her dreams, and so I kinda gotta give Patty a call to have her come over and..."

Elton: "Just wanna clarify, that trip was April 23rd, check the date right now. He has now waited four months to consider calling Patty to help get his girlfriend's house unpossessed"

Corey: "It's because of the dream. Like, dude, like, I've grown up, stuff like that happens all the time. Like, I talked about a story the other day where the water bottle was in a place that it possibly couldn't be after opening a door and coming back; makes no sense. We both were watching a movie in our living room, we heard something crash and fall and shatter; like a glass plate just shattered in the kitchen. We searched the whole house for an hour; nothing fell, nothing broke, there was no glass anywhere. How did we hear that noise? The amount of times, while we're on trips, she'll text me freaking out like 'the noise is happening again'. She's seen stuff even in her mirrors in her bedroom so she constantly leaves all of her closet doors open so she, you know, when she's laying down, because she feels safer for some reason if the closet's open then all the doors..."

Corbin: "She's really scared of this place?"

Corey: "Yeah, and I, I think it's because I brought something there"

Elton: "So, I know where we're filming our next video"

Corey: "Her apartment?"

Elton: "I mean, yeah dude!"

Corey: "Honestly?"

Elton: "I'm actually surprised you haven't been like 'hey Elton, can I borrow the spirit box and the REM pod and go to Devon's real quick' "

Corey: "I, I just don't... She's gonna know now, but like I just didn't wanna..."

Elton: "She should have known"

Corey: "But, no, no, no"

Corbin: "She's the one with all the experiences"

Corey: "If it was just a spirit messing around and doing stuff, I'm okay with that; but if it's a demon, and like, hearing about the yellow eyes a lot today and recently, and processing that about a week or so ago she had the dream with the yellow eyes, chasing her, and then she was saying that once she ran inside a house and closed the door they couldn't go to her. They just stood still, but every time the door would open they would run, and when she closes the door they would stop and just stare, and so it's kinda; I'm trying to process what that could mean. Like, I need to talk to someone and we might need to cleanse her apartment"

Corbin: "Yeah, cleanse it. Cleanse the place for sure"

Elton: "Talk to Patty and bring the tools. Find out, maybe you actually did actually have something follow you. I don't know"

Corey: "Yeah, because it's, I mean dude, it's not following me. It's literally chilling at her apartment. It's very wierd, very wierd"


Summary Of Hauntings

1. Potential attachment
2. Doors open untouched
3. Odd noises
4. Dream featuring people with glowing yellow eyes
5. Water bottle moved untouched
6. Sound of glass breaking



My Thoughts

There are a few things worth discussing about what Corey shares here. These are the potential for attachment, yellow eyes in the paranormal, dreams, the activity he discusses, the Warren museum, and the validity of what he says. Firstly, it's best to discuss validity. A great thing with this dialogue is that Elton questions this himself, albeit subtly. They are both friends, so Elton won't want to accuse Corey of making up the story, but he does highlight that four months have passed since they visited the Warren museum, and that the museum was potentially the most recent opportunity for something to have attached to Corey. In doing this, he also says he's surprised Corey hasn't wanted to borrow equipment to investigate further, or called someone they know who can cleanse the apartment. This does make what Corey says seem less valid, and it was really good questioning from Elton. 

There is a possibility that Corey has possibly fabricated what he's said, or that he's exaggerated some details. The context of this conversation is a stage show, so it's possible that at the very least details could have been altered to be more interesting for the audience. I do think there is some truth to what Corey has shared as he does come across as a very honest individual. Also, when it comes to people sharing what they say is a real experience, I like to give the benefit of the doubt. Sharing a paranormal experience can be quite a big thing to do as you never know quite how people will respond, so I feel it's always best to treat the experience as true unless there is evidence to the contrary. It could be argued that the points Elton makes are evidence to the contrary, however I feel there isn't enough there to go beyond potential coincidence. 

In the conversation Corey discusses that he thinks the spirit has followed him from the Warren museum and that he thinks it is a demon. Personally, putting the dream aside, I don't think anything Corey says indicates the spirit to be demonic. As Elton pointed out, there is also little reason to be certain that it has followed him from the Warren museum. If you aren't aware of the Warren museum, it is a location in America which was owned by the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. It is their cases that the Conjuring film franchise is based on, and their museum contains many objects with alledged spiritual attachments to them; many of which are said to be demonic in nature. 

I can see why Corey thinks the spirit is a result of the Warren museum, but I doubt it. I do think it's possible that a spirit could have attached to Corey, or just followed Corey back to his girlfriend's apartment. However, the spirit there could just be one which was already there. As for the activity picking up, the spirit could have recognised that Corey, and maybe Corey's girlfriend, believe they can communicate with spirits and so the spirit is trying to communicate with them however it can. A particularly interesting detail about the hauntings is the sound of something smashing. This could be a residual haunting, so the sound of a past event replaying, but I suspect it could be a sound from a neighboring apartment. I don't know how thin their walls are, or the possibility of such a sound being heard from their apartment, but I suspect this would be the likely cause of the sound. 

As for the yellow eyes, and if the dreams have meaning, I really don't know for sure. I do believe dreams have meaning to them, but I really don't think the nightmare was a result of a demon. There is tv programme called 'Supernatural' which featured a yellow eyed demon as the villain in the first season. I don't know if yellow eyed demons are legitimate things in folklore and mythology, or if they were just made up for the programme. I do need to do more research on them, but I do think it's possible for Corey's girlfriend to have seen this programme, or an image from this programme, at some point in time. This image of someone with yellow eyes could have gone into her subconscious for a while until emerging in a dream. I think this is the most rational explanation for what Corey has described. Perhaps the dream was informing Corey's girlfriend of her fears around Corey's investigations, and displayed concern for not only his safety but her own too. 



Thank You!

Thank you for reading to the end of this article! It's been a while since I last discussed an experience on here, so I enjoyed discussing this one. I think discussing these experiences is really important because it not only offers an additional perspective on what the person discusses, but it highlights what people claim to have experienced. It's only through documenting these experiences that we can see trends and patterns between the experiences, and it's only through these trends and patterns that investigators know what they should expect for every investigation. Once these rules are established, then the paranormal can be proven through replication, and once replication comes into play then paranormal investigation can be deemed as scientific. If you want to watch the full episode of 'Haunted Homies' where Corey discusses his experience, then you can click the link below:


A special thank you goes to Damain, Nicolette, Kerry, GD, Chris Willcx, The Cornish Ghost Whisperers, Beardo Gets Scared, Starlight Phoenix Paranormal, Paranormal Penny Pinchers, the Australian Paranormal Society, Codegas Codex of Curiousity, Phantom Detectives LLC, and Shadow Walkers Paranormal Investigators for your continued support of The True Paranormal. If you want to follow The True Paranormal you can do so on Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, X (formerly known as Twitter), and Tumblr. You can also subscribe to The True Paranormal on YouTube, or directly to this website through the bar on the left which will give you email notifications. That bar also lists all of the links which will take you to The True Paranormal's various social media platforms. If you want to contact me about your own experiences, or about anything at all paranormal, you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com 


A Donations Message

At the moment I don't have any ads running on anything, and I intend on the blog always being free for everyone to view because I believe knowledge should never be kept behind a paywall. I do, however, still need an income in order to continue writing articles. If you would like to donate towards The True Paranormal, you can do so via PayPal. If you are interested, my username is Daniel Carr and my paypal email is danielcarr130913@gmail.com. If you donate, I will be sure to thank you across social media and in my articles. Anything donated is much appreciated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall