Journal Entry 8


8/10/22 - Entry 8 

The time is now 01:58 and I finished the investigation at around 01:35. I conducted it in the living room by removing the rug from the space in the middle, placing the board on the floor with candles (5) formed as a cross behind it, along with a cat ball between the candles and board, and the bear was to the board's back left, the k2 meter was pointed to the board to it's left, and the remaining 2 cat balls were in the background on the tables.

I started by switching on the word app (on a table to the left) and read out 'The Lord Is My Shepherd'. As I read this, the name 'Michael' was said on the app, and later it said 'Jesus', also 'elijah' - the name of a prophet. During the investigation the planchette did not move, however the words seemed more responsive (needs analysing) and two unusual things occured. The first is I heard a deep guttural throat clearance/grunt which sounded flemy. It happened to my right which was the direction of the window, but sounded like it was inside. I didn't hear anyone walk past, and it was roughly 1:15 on a quiet side road. Just after this, the app said 'did you hear my voice'. 

The second strange thing was that my bag fell from in the kitchen. Newton's first law of inertia says that: 'every object will remain at rest or in uniform motion in a straight line unless compelled to change it's state by the action of an external force'. As the bag had been placed on some boxes for a few hours (flat bag, nothing in it), it should have stayed put. I didn't hear it slowly slipping from it's place - it just dropped to the floor. Shortly after this, the app said 'Terrifying' and 'did you hear us'. 

Nothing else happened during the investigation. Nothing was touched, nothing lit up, the board did nothing, it was dull but didn't feel so. I look forward to the next investigation and will make note on if anything is now experienced outside of an investigation having used the board. I finished by saying goodbye and reading the Lords Prayer followed by The Lord Is My Shepherd, so all should be good. 



My Present Thoughts 

I have not yet analysed the word list from this investigation, and will not be doing a proper analysis during this article. Instead, I will be making comments on certain things which strike me as interesting when comparing the list with what was documented about the investigation, along with providing my present thoughts on what I wrote back then. 

I tried to be as specific as I could about certain things, although did neglect to mention the word app used was 'Spirit Talker'. I find it interesting that I read out a prayer and the app only said words associated with religion during the first eight minutes of a thirty-eight minute long investigation. As I haven't done enough analysis of the app, this could just be down to coincidence though. For all I know, the app may say words associated with religion during the first ten minutes of each list it creates; and this is why further analysis is important. 

Another interesting coincidence is the detail around me hearing something to my right, and the app had said 'look to the right'. I comment that 'did you hear my voice' was spoken shortly after, which means the noise occured roughly halfway through the investigation. I don't know why I didn't write in the journal about the coincidence between a noise to the right being heard and the app saying 'look to the right' at the start. The only explanation I can think of is that I didn't properly look at the full list, and had forgotten that it had said 'look to the right' as about fifteen minutes had past when the sound was heard; potentially preventing me from making a connection between the two events. There is also the possibility that I passed it off as just a coincidence. 

The bag falling is always an event I refer to when anyone asks if I've experienced anything paranormal. The bag was a black backpack which I still use for my work stuff, and so I always place it on various surfaces around the kitchen area of the house so that I know where it is. For this night, it was empty as I had used it to buy some shopping a few hours before this investigation. As you can see, the investigation lasted for just under forty minutes and started at roughly 1am. I believe I went shopping quite late and so was possibly back at around 10pm. I know the shop closes at 11pm, so I was definitely back by 11pm. This meant the bag was still for over two hours, and was still for potentially over three hours. It was empty, so nothing could have fallen within it to shift it's weight. It was also flat on a box, so it wasn't top-heavy. From memory, the box was a flat one with handles either side; but I could be misremembering that. Regardless, it wasn't even like the bag could have fallen due to the box shifting as I didn't hear any sliding sounds of the box or bag gradually moving. These are all of the reasons why I say the bag falling was potentially paranormal. 

I also find it strange that out of all the times the bag could have fallen, it fell during what has been documented as my first solo ouija board session. I speculated in previous journal entries that if there was any legitimacy to ouija boards, then I should experience something significant during my first use of the board; and I believe the bag falling could have been that. I don't know the exact time the bag fell, but it seems the event had happened by 1.30am as I comment on the words 'terrifying' and 'did you hear us' occuring shortly after the event. I was quite shaken by the sudden sound, so this could be why 'terrifying' was said, and 'did you hear us' could have been said in relation to the sound of the bag. However, this could all just be down to coincidence. 'Terrifying' is a very generic and stereotypical word for a 'spooky app' to say, and so is 'did you hear us'. The reason why I'm adding potential significance to the app saying these things is due to the words being said in conjunction to an event which had no connection at all to the app. 

It's very interesting that nothing else happened during the investigation. This shows that cat balls and touch activated bears can go a good amount of time without lighting up, and it shows that a solo ouija board session doesn't guarantee any movement from the planchette. I do believe that, due to the findings of this investigation plus future investigations, the ouija board does cause an increase in activity. I still do not believe it opens portals or summons anything, but I do believe it could work as a man-made energy well. I believe trigger objects could also work in this way. I think by using the ouija board, you put energy into the board which the spirit can then use; and with trigger objects I feel the same happens except with your directed attention and focus on the object rather than with direct touch. It's still a theory in the making, but I feel there's something to it. 

Finally, as context for if you haven't read any previous journal entries, the reason why I read a prayer at the start was because certain investigators claim that prayers work as good protection against spirit activity. So, I decided to combine that protection with use of the ouija board as Ed added Lorraine Warren claimed that the ouija board caused most of their cases. As far as I'm aware, the Spirit Talker app cannot listen to you and so it was surprising to see the prayer potentially having an immediate effect. As said earlier, it could all just have been a big coincidence though. 


Thank You! 

Thank you for reading this article! I've been looking forward to sharing this one for a while now as it features an event which I still remember and talk about today. It was an exciting investigation, and the fact of it being the first solo use of the board could lend to why it didn't feel inactive. The next article uploaded to 'The True Paranormal' will be about a location within Aberdeenshire, so keep an eye out for one; especially if you're interested in haunted Scottish locations. 

A special thank you goes to Damain, Nicolette, Kerry, GD, Chris Willcx, Nicola Jada, Nita Raveling-Hamilton, David Lee Jones, theinoculator, 1141520851813892291920, Angeles Wernicke Zapiola, Ke v, Crispinfandom, Thiago Lima, Edgar Darnell, Jacks-and-graves, The Cornish Ghost Whisperers, Beardo Gets Scared, Starlight Phoenix Paranormal, Paranormal Penny Pinchers, the Australian Paranormal Society, Codegas Codex of Curiousity, Phantom Detectives LLC, Shadow Walkers Paranormal Investigators, South Of Spooky, Don't Scare Claire, blogparanormalexpresso2stuff, Paranormal Connections, Phantom Seekers Paranormal, chatibelieveinghosts, Purbeck Paranormal Investigators, and Ghost Investigations for your continued support of The True Paranormal. If you want to be thanked in an article, or in the monthly appreciation post I make across social media, then please share my articles and tag 'The True Paranormal'. If I see that you've shared, then I will publicly thank you! 

If you want to follow The True Paranormal you can do so on Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, X (formerly known as Twitter), Tumblr, and Pinterest. You can also subscribe to The True Paranormal on YouTube, or directly to this website through the bar on the left which will give you email notifications. That bar also lists all of the links which will take you to The True Paranormal's various social media platforms. If you want to contact me about your own experiences, or about anything at all paranormal, you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com


A Donation Message 

If you've enjoyed this article, it would be massively appreciated if you could donate anything you can towards The True Paranormal. With your donations, I can continue to build up the database and document haunted locations, paranormal experiences, the individuals who are involved in the paranormal, plus more. If you are interested in donating, then you can do so through PayPal. My username is Daniel Carr and my paypal email is danielcarr130913@gmail.com. If you donate, I will be sure to thank you across social media and in my articles. Anything donated is much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall