Journal Entry 9


28/10/22 - Entry 9 

The time is 14:18 and on 19/10/22 I did an investigation of a room in the Alton Towers Hotel with all three cat balls, the touch activated light up bear, and the k2 meter. Myself and Izzy were present through the investigation and the Ouija board was not taken, neither was the plasma ball. 

Overall the investigation was surprisingly dull. Izzy was trying not to fall asleep, and I alternated between feeling drained and energetic. I suspect this could have been the spirits trying to effect us to gain energy. I asked Izzy to walk around the room to try and keep her awake, and eventually she started marching which I found very odd - possibly the spirit influencing her.

The k2 wasn't at all effected and the balls didn't go off past the first few moments which I put down to settling. The bear lit up when the word Henry was spoken. We asked it to light up the bear again if their name was Henry and it lit up again. Outside of this no further activity occured. The word 'Arthur' originally appeared as 'bye' before the app glitched.

Yesterday (27/10/22) I tested the plasma ball briefly - not during an investigation. It has a setting where it lights up when sensing vibrations so I think it certainly has potential. I will have to use this in future. 

Another thing to mention is I have created a blog called 'The True Paranormal'. I have uploaded one post so far analysing the very first word list I did. More posts will include more investigations, reviews, and analysis of other teams like OVERNIGHT and Ghosts of Britain. I will also discuss theories and equipment. 



My Present Thoughts 

As a couple of bits of context, Izzy was a friend I worked with, and I only investigated one room within the Alton Towers Hotel. I believe it was one of the Arctic explorer rooms. I had heard from someone who worked at Alton Towers that the hotel was haunted, and as I try to visit each year as part of my birthday celebrations, I decided to make the most out of my night's stay and investigate the room I booked. 

It's interesting to read that the Spirit Talker app glitched again so that one word spoken was replaced by another word when recorded in the list. In a previous journal entry, I commented on this potentially happening with other word lists, and possibly that it's happened in lists without me knowing. This isn't at all great when it comes to analysing the lists as false words, such as in these instances, give skewed data that effects the overall analysis. 

As you can see from the entry, I was incredibly quick to dismiss any activity from the cat balls as they seem to have only lit up during the first few minutes of the investigation. I deemed the bear as potentially significant due to the fact it took roughly twelve minutes to light up, when usually the settling period doesn't extend beyond roughly five. As it only lit up the two times, I wouldn't deem the bears activity to be down to any kind of technical malfunction. Instead, I feel it was either legitimate spirit communication; or what I feel was the more likely scenario, that being it was just a slightly delayed settling period. 

I do maintain that the behaviour displayed by myself and Izzy was odd. However, this could just be the result of tired minds after a busy day at a theme park. Plus, it was late when the investigation was conducted so that undoubtedly would have had an impact on our behaviour. Another important detail to mention is that I wrote this journal entry a few days after the investigation occured. This means false memories could potentially be at play regarding my recollection of what happened when writing the entry. For instance, certain things could possibly be emphasised without me knowing. 

I've rarely used the plasma ball since writing this entry. I've used it a couple of times, but I found that the plasma ball very easily triggered the k2 meter. As a result, I determined they could not be used together due to the plasma ball's interference being somewhat unpredictable in range. I still think that a plasma ball, or a tesla coil, could be good to have on while investigating due to them potentially serving as a way of putting energy into the environment for a spirit to use. However, when used, the investigation will leave to lack a k2 meter and anything else which works in a similar way. 


Thank You! 

Thank you for reading this journal entry! The hotel investigation definitely provided a couple of interesting talking points, although I do suspect the 'activity' was likely just the result of tired minds. I found it particularly interesting to look back at my note around founding 'The True Paranormal' as it really shows just how much it's evolved since then. When I originally created this database, I had the intention of mainly focusing on doing my own investigations, and then reviewing the investigations of other teams. I like that 'The True Paranormal' has since evolved to become the world's largest database in paranormal research; documenting not only my own personal research, but also haunted locations, investigators, debunkers, frauds, spirit types, and so much more. 

A special thank you goes to Damain, Nicolette, Kerry, GD, Chris Willcx, Nicola Jada, Nita Raveling-Hamilton, David Lee Jones, theinoculator, 1141520851813892291920, Angeles Wernicke Zapiola, Ke v, Crispinfandom, Thiago Lima, Edgar Darnell, Jacks-and-graves, The Cornish Ghost Whisperers, Beardo Gets Scared, Starlight Phoenix Paranormal, Paranormal Penny Pinchers, the Australian Paranormal Society, Codegas Codex of Curiousity, Phantom Detectives LLC, Shadow Walkers Paranormal Investigators, South Of Spooky, Don't Scare Claire, blogparanormalexpresso2stuff, Paranormal Connections, Phantom Seekers Paranormal, chatibelieveinghosts, Purbeck Paranormal Investigators, and Ghost Investigations for your continued support of The True Paranormal. If you want to be thanked in an article, or in the monthly appreciation post I make across social media, then please share my articles and tag 'The True Paranormal'. If I see that you've shared, then I will publicly thank you! 

If you want to follow The True Paranormal you can do so on Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, X (formerly known as Twitter), Tumblr, and Pinterest. You can also subscribe to The True Paranormal on YouTube, or directly to this website through the bar on the left which will give you email notifications. That bar also lists all of the links which will take you to The True Paranormal's various social media platforms. If you want to contact me about your own experiences, or about anything at all paranormal, you can email thetrueparanormal1@gmail.com


A Donation Message 

If you've enjoyed this article, it would be massively appreciated if you could donate anything you can towards The True Paranormal. With your donations, I can continue to build up the database and document haunted locations, paranormal experiences, the individuals who are involved in the paranormal, plus more. If you are interested in donating, then you can do so through PayPal. My username is Daniel Carr and my paypal email is danielcarr130913@gmail.com. If you donate, I will be sure to thank you across social media and in my articles. Anything donated is much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uri Geller

Edinburgh Vaults

Leith Hall